Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Big Boy Bedroom 103

As promised, here are some pictures of what Jack's big boy room currently looks like.  Last week we were finally able to get his things hung on the walls, and I really only have one more finishing touch that  I want to put on the room.  

The view from his doorway

Skinny Bear's Special Spot
{note: cowboy hat and boots on headboard:)}

Extra toy storage cubby at the foot of the bed

The view from the closet corner
{this bare wall is the last finishing touch...I'm planning a canvas collage)

A place to READ
{note: the beanbag chair is also known as Cuddlebug's napping spot}

Chest of drawers

So much is in the details...

Night light

Step stool

A tub for toy storage

He'll always be my baby... and so these followed him from his nursery

Small side story - before taking these pictures I straightened up Jack's room and made the bed.  As soon as I was done snapping the above photos, Jack came upstairs to visit, and immediately took to work to "fix" his bed.  Usually, the blankets are rolled down a bit and the shams are behind the pillows that he actually sleeps on.  Jack, our little OCD clone, apparently thinks that THAT is how you make his bed, and that I had very obviously done it wrong or gotten seriously confused.  I apologized, he fixed, and all was well.  So while it looks very nice in the above photo, the bed never actually looks that way...and by the looks of it, it probably won't again for some time.  

2 comments:

Amy said...

I came across your blog when googling for "big boy room" ideas! Your bedroom for Jack is totally my favorite!

Anonymous said...

I, too, came across your blog when googling "transportation themed room" ideas! Nice work! It is absolutely adorable!! Would you mind sharing what brand/color of paint you used for the top and bottom of Jack's room? Thanks so much!