Thursday, October 7, 2010

An Engagement Day

This past weekend, we spent lots of time focusing on my sister's upcoming marriage.  I'm so excited - I can barely stand it, and I still have an entire year to wait!  They have a date (10.15.11) and a venue.  I'm helping with Save the Dates and stationery (and, oh, I'm so excited about this job!). 

Saturday morning, we went to purchase her wedding gown, and it is beautiful.  I mean, drop-dead gorgeous.  John is going to love it:)  If it made me teary-eyed, surely it will make him cry. 

Then I must have tried on 30-40 bridesmaid dresses.  No, I'm not kidding.  It's definitely quite the process, and I remember what it's like.  I'm pretty sure I put Rypie through the same thing when I was getting married because whatever you choose has to be just perfect and you have to love it forever.  We narrowed the choices down a lot since I think Ryan has a pretty clear idea of what she's looking for.  Here are the two we were left with at the end of the session, both in a deep purple/eggplant color:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_V-Neck-Taffeta-Dress-with-Ruching-Floral-Detail-84094_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Cotton-Dress-with-Y-Neck-and-Skirt-Pleating-83690_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Any thoughts?

Anyway, she has time to decide:)  Whatever she chooses - I will love. 

Then, Saturday night, we headed to an engagement dinner at my mom and dad's where we got to meet John's mom and his aunt.  They were both so sweet, and you can tell that they just adore my sister.  We had a really good time.  Jack loves John very much, and he even warmed up to John's brother, Jason, before the end of the night.  Here are some of our photos from that evening:

The outfit Jack started out with, but *gasp* the shirt was too small:(

Soon to be married

Jack and Grampy

Jack adores Grampy, can't you tell?

Two peas in a pod

John's brother, Jason, John, Buddah Bear (oh, sweet Buddah), Rypie, and Jack


"Don't take my pikter, Daddy"

One of Jack's favorite things (I'm not gonna lie - mine too)

Rypie - we just can't wait for your wedding.  You are going to be such a beautiful bride and we are so honored to be a part of such a special day.  John - your family is wonderful, and I can't wait until you're all a part of ours:)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erika,

You are too cute :) I had a lot of fun too last weekend!

P.S. You're getting MUCH better with the camera missy!

Love you,
Ryan