Thursday, March 26, 2015

A is for...

Today, while I was walking into school to pick the kids up, Hannah's teacher stopped me to share a funny story about our little woman.  This week the Three's are studying the letter A, so during group time, Ms. Kristen asked the kids to draw something that starts with the letter A.  As she walked around, she noticed Hannah coloring a pretty picture with a blue crayon.  She asked Hannah what she was coloring and Hannah happily responded, "A pool."

Ms. Kristen ever-so-gently explained that pool begins with the letter P.  "/P/ /P/ /P/ Pool," she said.

And Hannah, with her bright, blue eyes, looked up and corrected Ms. Kristen.  "A big pool."

And really, what could Ms. Kristen say to that?!

*****

Other than A big pool, A is also for Awesome.  Which, apparently, Jack thinks he is.  (I'm so glad our children don't lack confidence.)

Tonight while we were finishing up his homework, Jack was jotting down the fast facts he was practicing, and as he wrote, he said, "6 + 2 = 8.......because I'm AWE...SOME."

When I tried to get him back on track, I said, "Jack, what I need you to do is..."

"Be AWE...SOME," Jack interrupted.

And with that, he got me.  I laughed, he smiled, and we put his homework aside to read a story.


No comments: