Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ready for the Big Leagues

After many months of feeling left out and being sad about not having lost a tooth, Jack has finally made some forward progress in the tooth department.

For some reason, I decided to help Jack brush his teeth.  I've been letting him take over most days, but occasionally, I offer to help out just to be sure we get a really good brushing in as much as possible without making him feel babied.  It's a fine line that I'm learning how to walk...

As I was brushing, I glanced down and saw what I thought was a tooth underneath toothpaste bubbles.  But I was thinking, surely he can't have a new tooth and I wouldn't know until now...

Well, guess what?



He definitely has an adult tooth, and I definitely did not know until now.  Had no idea.

And apparently, neither did Jack.

More worrisome is the fact that this tooth is well behind his baby teeth, and his baby tooth is still intact, although after much inspection, slightly wiggly.

I Googled, and I wasn't the first person to Google "permanent tooth coming in behind" either.  I guess it's fairly common, shark teeth is what it's referred to, but either way, we have an appointment with the dentist Monday morning just to be sure all is well.  I certainly can't wait for our six-month appointment on the 20th before addressing this issue and hearing that this is completely normal.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Jack can wiggle his baby tooth out before then.  He's very eager for a visit from the Tooth Fairy.

No comments: