Friday, November 13, 2015

Not So Soft

Tonight we were all excited when Daddy came home from work.  It's Friday, it's been a long week, and take-out was being delivered any minute.  Hannah and Daddy were snuggling on the couch until she decided to get up to go do something.  So I came on over and started to snuggle into the spot she'd left.  She turned around and looked at me like I was encroaching on her territory when Brad informed me that I'd taken her spot.  I sat up and made room for the both of us, and then I pulled Hannah up and said, "You know...before you were born, I was Daddy's girl...who's Daddy's girl now?"

She smiled a great big smile with her little chipmunk cheeks, giggled her tee-hee laugh, and said, "Me!"

Brad was rubbing on her tummy and remarked that she may even be softer than me.  Since, whenever I ask the question, "Why do you love me so much?" Brad always replies, "Because you're soft," I knew he was trying to tease me.

So I said, "I'm pretty sure I'm just as soft as she is."

And precisely at that moment - Hannah reached up and ran her fingers along the wrinkles on my forehead.

We had a pretty good laugh at my expense, that's for sure.  How can little ones be so perceptive?

No comments: