Monday, January 4, 2016

She gets it.

Do you remember how I told you about the mama that wrote her little boy a note to be an amazing friend?  And about how inspired I was by that tiny message?

She did it again.

This morning was a little rough.  The kids are so out of their routine, and were so super-sleepy when I woke them up this morning.  Getting ready and drop-off went smoother than I expected, but I was sad that our extra time together was over, and I was missing my adorable children when I got to work.

And then I got an email from my mama friend.  She'd come across someone else's blog post, and felt like it said exactly what she wanted to say to me - so she forwarded it my way and added that I do amazing work.

See for yourself - click here to read the post.

I read it during indoor recess and before I knew it, I was crying.  Not big splashy tears because my, that would've been embarrassing, but I definitely had to get a tissue and wipe my eyes.  My horrible mommy-moment outside of Hannah's classroom came racing back - the way I'd felt like I'd failed.  Like every day I'm there for other peoples' kids, but I couldn't get to her Christmas sing-along on time.

This mom...she gets it.

I felt so appreciated.  So I sent her a link to the blog post that I'd written about her, and we marveled about how good we can make each other feel if we're willing to be a little vulnerable and tell people what we're really thinking.

Our mommy-hearts are full today.  I hope yours is, too.

No comments: