Monday, October 3, 2011

Spoiled Rotten

I can be honest.  I know that my littles are spoiled rotten.  And I can also admit that it's mostly my fault.  But I just can't help it.  I'm a shopper...I love to shop, and when Jack was a baby, I'd find one or two cute things for him everywhere I went.  Then he became a toddler and he was able to pick his own things that he wanted, and for the most part, he usually picks these little, inexpensive toys that never seemed like a big deal.  Except for now (hindsight is 20/20), these little, inexpensive toys are over-taking our living space and everywhere we go Jack wants to get something for himself.  It's something we're working on.

In addition, we're also working on being appreciative and grateful for the things we have and not necessarily expecting something from everywhere we go or everyone we see.  Which is tricky for Jack because we may spoil him, but we're not the only ones:)  Grandparents, aunts, family friends...and most recently, Great-Grandma Stella.  As much as I like to shop for my sweet babies, Great-Grandma Stella may have me beat.  This past weekend when we went to visit her, I came home with a stroller full of goodies for Jack and Hannah...it felt a little bit like Christmas.

Jack was so excited about his new toys, so I decided to make a little thank you video for Great-Grandma Stella.  Well, actually, I suggested making a thank you card, but Jack thought that was "silly."  So there's another something we're working on, but in the meantime, enjoy the video:)  Especially the part where Jack believes that Great-Grandma Stella is on the other side of the video camera!


Grandma ~ My little ones are so lucky to have a Great-Grandma like you.  Thank you for everything!  We love you very much.

No comments: