Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Twelve on Tuesday


  1. I hate season finale cliffhangers.  It seems like cruel and unusual punishment to make people wait 4-5 months to find out what happens to characters they've grown to love.  It's even worse if you happen to love shows like Dexter (which I do), when they're only on for three months out of the year.  Cruel.  And Unusual.
  2. My only solace is that I'm currently loving the season of reality TV that we're in.  American Idol - Philip Philips, anyone?  The Bachelorette ~ you never know, maybe this season's couple will make it?!  And starting this week, So You Think You Can Dance.  They make me happy, what can I say?
  3. Summer Break is right around the corner, and I can barely stand it.  It's one of the best perks of my profession, and I empathize with the rest of the work force that doesn't get summer break.  I don't know how they do it.
  4. I love going on walks around my neighborhood with the littles when the weather is warm.  It's one of my favorite things.
  5. I hate cleaning my house.  It's probably my least favorite thing to do.  So how is it possible that it brings me such a sense of happiness and accomplishment when it's clean?  Wouldn't that motivate one to do it more often?  You'd think so, but not so much.
  6. Getting the kids up and ready and at school super early this morning was not nearly as hard as I'd imagined it to be.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.  I'm hoping for a repeat performance.
  7. I think Hannah might be getting a tooth.  But then again, I've been thinking that for the last three weeks, so who knows?
  8. Next week, I will have a four year old.  A four year old.  How does that happen?!?!
  9. I could throw a party based on the simple fact that this weekend is a three-day weekend.  So, so happy.  Spinning my wheels to come up with something fun to do with Jack to celebrate his birthday with our little family of four.
  10. One of the items on my current to-do list is to compile all of the items from my half-completed to-do lists (approximately 12) and put them all on one current list.  Is that crazy?
  11. I'm desperately in need of a massage.  And a pedicure.  Maybe all in the same day.
  12. Also, wanting to go to DSW.  I need nude or taupe wedges and some new black flats.  Yes, I used the word need.  And yes, I meant it.  Lucky for me, my sister got me a gift card to DSW for Mother's Day:)


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

1. Completely agree. I am a Mad Men lover and had to wait over a year for the next season because of a contract dispute. Watching this season and I know with each week that goes by, I am getting closer to the end and will have to wait another year.

5. I agree... you need to read The Happiness Project. I think you would like it. "Outer order creates inner calm." Her new book A Happier Home is suppose to come out this summer.

8. The four year old birthday is a big one. They really aren't toddlers any more...they are little people looking for more independence...and that question; How does that happen? You will probably ask that question EVERY single year. Shannon just turned 14 and is on her way to high school...How did that happen?!?!?!

10. I currently have two lists going and was just going to consolidate to one list. I do it all the time.

11. Go for it!

12. So need brown flats.