Sunday, November 4, 2012

Possibly my most productive day this year...

Today did not follow our usual Sunday pattern.  Our usual Sunday pattern involves me not getting out of my jammies (or showering!), not doing my makeup, cozying up on the couch, and napping with the littles before dinner and bedtime routines.

But not today.  Maybe I felt blessed by the extra hour I'd been given?


After getting up with the littles and getting everyone settled with juice and breakfast, I immediately went to work.  First,  I downloaded some new printables for the frame on our kitchen counter.  I'd gotten lazy and hadn't changed our frame out since Back to School.  I found a cute Halloween printable for next year, and then a Thanksgiving one that I love.



Then, I searched my Yummy Pinterest board for some great recipes to try.  I decided I'd make Chicken Tortilla Soup and then made our shopping list.

I got in the shower and Brad and I got ready for the day while the littles played together in the playroom.  Afterwards, the kids and I went to the grocery store and did our big shopping trip for the next few weeks.  We came home, and I made the kids lunch.  While they ate, I got the soup ready to go into the crock pot.  Me and the littles took a nap, and I woke up feeling refreshed and ready, and so did Jack.  Jack does not usually wake up happy, so this was a big deal.

I gave the kids a snack while I threw in a load of laundry, and then we headed to the mall with Grammy to buy Jack some new jeans.  While his waist is still tiny, his legs are growing longer and longer, and his pants were looking a little too short.  While we were at the mall, we happened upon my birthday present - a beautiful, black coat that I'm so excited to wear!  And I used a gift card Brad had given me for Mother's Day to get a beautiful scarf to go with my new coat:)  I love coats.  Like pajamas.  And children's books.  You can never have too many.

When we got home from the mall, I made dinner for the kids and Brad I had our chicken tortilla soup.



It was so good - I highly recommend it!

Brad cleaned up the kitchen while I put away the Halloween decorations and did another load of laundry.  We put the littles to bed and cleaned up the house so that we'd have a tidy house on Monday morning.  I love having a tidy house on Monday morning...it makes the weak seem more achievable.

This may not seem like a lot for one day, but I'm telling you, for us - this day was huge.

And I am exhausted.

Rightly so.

And now I get to reward myself with Dexter and Homeland.  Oh, how I love you Showtime!

Good night.

No comments: