Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Little Man

A couple of weeks ago, my sister came over and we made spaghetti for dinner.  I usually put Hannah in one of Jack's old Spider-man t-shirts on spaghetti night because it's already red and keeps her from ruining her non-red clothes.  She happened to be barefoot and wearing her adorable skinny jeans that night, and I don't know what it was...but watching her walk around in her big brother's t-shirt with those skinny jeans - I just fell even more in love with her.  I really just could've eaten her up.





But as I was doting on her and trying to capture some photos, Jack announced, "I think it's more adorable with me in it."

Maybe he's a little jealous.  Sometimes.  Maybe.

*****

When he was done eating his spaghetti dinner (one meal he actually eats quickly and well), he set down his fork and said, "BAM."  Without missing a beat, he explained, "My dad taught me that."

I thought it sounded a little familiar:)



*****

One night, while we were snuggling before bed, I told Jack, "You're my baby," after kissing his adorable belly.  Do you know what that sweet boy said to me?

"That makes my heart happy."

Ditto, Little Man.  Ditto.



*****

While spending time collecting sticks with Great-Uncle Danny over Thanksgiving, Jack said, "I don't mean to upset you, Uncle Danny, but you just interrupted me."

Uncle Danny, caught a little off-guard, apologized to Jack and explained that he hadn't meant to interrupt, to which Jack replied, "It's okay.  I do it all the time."

*****

While climbing out of the car the other day, I noticed that Jack referred to himself in the third-person, but not just as Jack.  He referred to himself as Jack-a-Bear.  I had to think about it for a second, but then I asked, "You mean, like Hannah Bear?  So you're Jack-a-Bear?"

"Exactly," he told me.  "You're right, Mama!"

So creative, and so on-point.  I was very impressed, even though it does make me chuckle a bit:)

*****


As tiring as he can be...as talkative, as energetic, as particular, as sensitive, as stubborn as he can be...I couldn't possibly love this four and a half year old boy any more.  He has made my life better just by being in it, and I'm so lucky that I get to be his mommy.

No comments: