Wednesday, March 13, 2013

An Artist Among Us


On most days, at one point in the day or another, you can find Jack like this.


Sometimes with coloring books, but often just with blank paper...


Mostly, he draws one Spider-man masterpiece after another, but sometimes it's animals.  I bet you can spot Spider-man (and Green Goblin - throwing pumpkin bombs!) in the picture above:)


I'm not sure where his fascination with art came from, but I'm adoring this stage.  He is so proud of his work and spends so much time adding one detail after another to each paper that he draws.  Sometimes he even adds words, and it just makes me smile.  

{his interpretation of the class pets we'd previously read about}

 {a drawing of a zoo ~ see the word zoo at the top right?}

{The Avengers - I spy the Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye (also adorably referred to as Hawk Guy), Thor, and Iron Man)

I'm not sure where he got his drawing skills...certainly not from his mother.  Maybe from his cousins?  I do have two very talented artists in the family!

But these little masterpieces?  They make my heart swell with glee.  And I love watching him work.  

Now...what to do with all of these giant pieces of paper?







No comments: