Monday, September 23, 2013

No.

No.

This seems to be the only word in Hannah's vocabulary, which, in all honesty, is highly ironic since she almost never hears the word "no" spoken to her.


She looks so sweet and innocent right there.

But in reality?

Everything is, "No - I don't want to."

Everything.

Time to take a bath, time to go potty, time to change your pull-up, time to eat dinner, time to clean up our toys, time to _____ (fill-in-the-blank).

"No, I don't want to."

I can already tell our teenage years will be nothing but fun.  Somehow we've made the feistiest, sassiest, most strong-headed girl on the planet.

The other night we argued over going potty before bed for a good 10 minutes before I just gave up.  Any suggestions on how one might make someone else use the potty?  Time-out didn't work.  She went boneless.  She flailed around like a crazy person.  She continued to say, "No, I don't want to."  And as far as I can tell, I couldn't physically put her on the potty without hurting her or myself.  So she won.  And I was not happy.

Here's how she posed for her cubby picture at school:


Yep, that's our girl:)  She normally loves to have her picture taken, but since it was someone else's idea and not her own - this was the face she gave.

We see that face a million times a day.  Often followed by high-pitched squeals and screams - she threw  five tantrums today at the mall in the two hours we were there.  Five.  In public.

Joy.

*****

In other news...

We've known for awhile that Miss Hannah has some "junk in the trunk" if you know what I'm sayin'.  But lately, her teachers have noticed and commented as well on her cute, little body and the fact that her pants fit her so nicely except for the fact that they don't ever quite cover her tushy.  She's a 2T everywhere except her tushy - that's a 3T/4T, and I'm not exaggerating:)

*****

Tonight Hannah "read" her first book, Everyone Poops.  It was the cutest thing, and it's now my life's mission to get it on video.

We'll have to ask her permission to videotape first, of course.

Keep your fingers crossed;)

No comments: