Monday, November 18, 2013

Fall Birthday Feast

Last year, I read about a birthday feast from one of my mommy-bloggers.  She was sharing how there are many birthdays in her family around the same time of year, and so rather than having several separate celebrations, they get together and celebrate all of the nearby birthdays together.

And I immediately thought - HOW HAVE WE NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS?!?!

My mom's birthday is October 30th.  Dad's is November 11.  Ryan's is November 23rd, and mine is the day after.  It's craziness.  Also, add to the fact this all happens right before Halloween, in the middle of Thanksgiving, and only a month before Christmas.  Pure.  Chaos.

I tossed the idea of having a fall dinner party around with my sister.  She instructed me not to call it a dinner party.  And not to make banners and favors and such.  I have a tendency to over-do, and she did a great job of immediately reigning me in:)  She said an Evite would be okay, so that's what we did:)

We decided we'd have a chili crock-pot feast.  And birthday desserts.

Mom and Dad agreed this sounded like a good idea.

And it was:)

{table settings}

{Jack had so much fun playing with Uncle John}

{Dylan really likes cheesecake, loves his shadow, and looks just like Ryan did when she was a baby.}

{Daddy was trying to be funny.  Jack misunderstood and made a telephone:)  Also - the hole in his shirt?  That's his repulsor blast.  Ya know - from Iron Man.}

{Hannah loved making Dylan laugh with Grampy.}

{No banner = chalkboard message}

I can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a great idea! We have lots of birthdays in march-- this sounds like something we might have to start!