Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Truth

Sundays haven't been the same lately.  First of all - there's this:


I'm not ashamed to say that we were slightly addicted to Sunday night TV.  And we're going through withdrawal.  I'm trying to get into The Walking Dead.  I don't love it, but I need TV to look forward to on Sunday night.  To help me unwind before the work week.  I need Michael C. Hall or Bryan Cranston to find a new show.  And quick.  Could Aaron Paul also be in it?  Because that would be great.

*****

It is too cold to grill steaks on most Sundays now.  Sunday Steak Dinner is on hold, and it's sad:(  No steaks.  No Dexter.  No Breaking Bad.  Sundays make me want to cry.

*****

Two Sundays ago, I hit a wall.  Almost every night since I started my new job, I have worked from the time we put the kids into bed until I went to sleep.  Seriously, except for a random Friday or Saturday, crazy hours of planning, checking papers, organizing materials, etc.  And then?  I hit a wall.

I reward myself on Fridays and Saturdays when I know I don't have to accomplish anything for the next day.  But then?  I find myself procrastinating on Sunday until late Sunday night.  Which is when I start pouting that I have work to do.  

So I decided no more.  I am not bringing work home unless I have to.  Report card time, crazy weeks, etc.  Tonight I actually did some work, but all in less than 45 minutes.  And I have felt much better.  You'd think I'd be blogging more, but I'm so tired.  I've been enjoying just flipping through catalogs, surfing the Internet, watching TV, and going to bed a little bit earlier.  It's great.  I need quiet, non-work time.  I'm maximizing my time during specials.  I'm planning in advance, and making it work.  Not everything is urgent, and I'm working on this.

*****

Hannah has not had a single accident in the last two days.  Not one.  And she is so proud of herself, but not nearly as proud as I am.  

*****

Jack apparently wants to go skiing.  I wonder how one knows about skiing in Colorado at the young age of five?


*****

I'm stalking my neighbors (hi there!).  Their twins are coming home from the hospital soon, and I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear that today is the day.  I'm checking their blog like crazy, I hold my breath while the page loads - the countdown clocks are addictive.  When one of the countdown clocks restarts, my heart sinks.  I can't imagine what that feels like, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed the girls will be home for Thanksgiving.  That would certainly be something to be thankful for!  Hannah can't wait to have playmates - especially girly ones:)

*****

That is all.

No comments: