Tuesday, October 7, 2014

And my heart breaks.

Jack brought home his first finished piece from Writing Workshop this afternoon.  I was so proud of all of his hard work...the writing and illustrations were so well done.  But I'm especially proud of his heart...

About My Dogs by Jack Johnston

Jack, Gracie, and Belle

I had dogs but I was allergic.  (See Jack sneezing?)

So I got rid of them.  (See Jack watching in the window as Daddy drives the puppies to their new home?)

Then they had a good life.  The End.  (See Mr. Joe in this picture?  This is where the tears started.  We've told Jack so many times that the puppies are happier with Mr. Joe...that they never have to go in a crate and that they always have company.  And he heard us.)

And...here's a little take on looking at Mo Willems as a mentor author.  The pigeon flies by and says he wants egg.  And Gracie asks Belle, "I love egg, don't you?"

No comments: