Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Sweetest Kids

So while my life has been a little hectic lately, I can still recognize when the littles are being sweet as pie.

Today, Grandma and Grandpa picked the kiddos up from school and spent some time with them so I could have a few hours to myself.  They surprised the kids with some gummy eyeballs, and Hannah was extremely pleased.  As we were packing up and heading home, I had my arms filled with bags from our day.

Hannah Bear came over and said, "It's okay, Mommy.  I can help you.  I'll carry the gummies."

Now, the fact that she wanted to eat the gummy eyeballs on her way home is not lost on me, but I also know that she was trying to help...selectively.  And I appreciate the thought.

*****

Later, as I ate my dinner, Hannah watched TV, and Jack drew Pokemon friends next to me, he announced, "I'm so lucky to have you for a mama."

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

He explained that I was a nice mama who gives him nice things (like the Draw Your Favorite Pokemon book he was using), and that he knows that some kids don't have books or nice things.  I found it touching that he was being so grateful - in this quiet moment where he was enjoying himself doing one of his favorite things...drawing.

I just love these kids so much.

No comments: