Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I love you 16.

Tonight, after I tucked Jack in and snuggled him tight, Brad and I switched kids' rooms.  I snuggled down with Hannah and gave her a kiss on her head.

I whispered, "I love you so much, Hannah Bear."

She whispered back, "I love you a thousand."

"I love you a thousand and one," I said.

"I love you a thousand and two."

While I lay there amazed at the fact that she could comprehend these high numbers and what it means to love someone so much, she brought me back to reality.

She whispered, "I love you sixteen," and smiled.

And I just smiled back and gave her another kiss.

It was funny because I know the difference between a thousand and two and sixteen, and it is vast.

But I also know that our tiny peanut thinks 16 is also a big number, and her little heart is just swelling with love.

I'm a lucky mama.

No comments: