Saturday, January 14, 2012

Neigh is for Horses

This morning, Hannah started to get a little fussy because she was ready for her morning bottle.  I picked her up from her spot in the family room and brought her into the kitchen with me while I made her bottle. It seems to calm her knowing that the preparation has begun to take place:)

Jack was not thrilled that I had taken Hannah from the family room, where he had happily been playing next to her.  This is the conversation that followed:

Jack: Hey, I was playing with her!

Me: Hay is for horses.

Jack: (Thinks for a few seconds...)  Neigh is for horses (implying silly Mama).

Me: (Think for a few seconds...) Yes, horses say neigh, but they eat hay.

Jack:  Hay is yellow.  But sometimes we say hey, like, "Hey, I was playing with her!"

Yes, I suppose sometimes we do, Little Man.  Point for you.

No comments: