Saturday, October 27, 2012

Zoo Trip

With the impending storm slowly creeping up on us, we decided to take the kids to the zoo while it was still sunny.  We had a really nice trip - the fall might be the best time to visit.  It wasn't too crowded, we weren't miserably hot, and the animals were all out and about.  We also decided not to overdo it, and only hit half of the zoo.  Jack was a little sad we didn't get to go to the bird house, but now he has something to look forward to when we surely go back in the spring.  We took lots of great pictures of all the animals and a few good ones of ourselves:)

 As many times as I've been to the National Zoo before, I've never seen the orangutan use the o-line before.  This guy was showing off!

 We walked the North American Trail - a new part of the zoo that only opened a month ago, and it was beautiful!  And downhill, so that's always good:)  We got to see the beavers being fed.

 Jack took this picture with my phone all by himself.  Pretty good catch, if you ask me!

 I just love when they are together and happy.  I still can't believe they're both ours - we're so lucky!

 See?  I told you - show off!

Hannah Bear was so happy to be looking at the animals and walking around on her own!

Jack always wants to go see the big cats first.  This was the first time that we saw the tigers when they were walking around.  Our kids were so excited that the animals were awake, and they started to squeal and make lots of noise.  The lions perked up right away, and this guy made direct eye contact with Jack and Hannah.  And then?  He had to make eye contact with me because the Mama Bear in me came out...tight grip on the littles for sure!





No comments: