Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday's Project

Last summer, I began thinking about updating Jack and Hannah's bathroom decorations, but I never actually did the work.  I've sort of been on the lookout for gender neutral themes or colors that I loved, and I finally decided a couple of weeks ago to take the plunge.

I settled on an ocean theme.  We love animals and the colors were fun.  It was perfect.  I got most of what I needed at Target because, let's face it, I practically live there.  Then I added some artwork I found on Etsy, perfectly matched frames I found at Michael's, and a picture I've been hoarding since I bought it on Groupon years ago and never had anywhere for it to hang.  Voila!

Today, while the kids spent time with Grandma and Grandpa, I went to work.  I started with this:




And ended with this:






I'm super happy with the way it all came together.  And I'm especially happy that it didn't take very long at all.  The kids were so excited to see their newly decorated bathroom when they got home.  

Now, if only I could get them to take baths and showers in here instead of in our bathroom :)

No comments: