Tuesday, August 5, 2014

nine years

Nine years ago today, I woke up in my basement bedroom in my parent's house for the last time.

I put on my 'Bride' tank top and went to visit my grandma so that she could see me on my wedding day.

Nine years ago today, my sister and I drove to Warrenton, listening to music and singing along, as relaxed and as excited as we could possibly be.

I prayed that the impending storm would wait for our ceremony to finish.

Nine years ago today, I took the most beautiful walk, in my beautiful dress, with my dad as we past our family and friends.

I smiled so much my cheeks hurt.  I cried and I laughed.

Nine years ago today, I married my best friend.

                                     

Before grocery shopping, cleaning house, mortgages, and babies, things were easier.  But now?

Nine years later?

I love him more today than I did that day, and I never thought that was possible.  When he smiles at me, when he teaches Jack how things are made or animal facts, when he brings our daughter flowers for her birthday...  My heart swoons all over again.

Happy Anniversary, Baby - I love you!




No comments: