Friday, November 21, 2014

Jack's Revenge

So, we're sitting here watching the news when this lovely scenario takes place:

Hannah was snuggling with Daddy on the couch.  Jack wanted this coveted spot.

Jack quietly leaves the family room, unbeknownst to us.  Out of the corner of my eye and from out of nowhere, I see something bounce into the family room from the kitchen, but I assumed it was a toy or a colored pencil and thought nothing of it.

Apparently, Hannah paid very close attention to the items bouncing across the rug.  She crawled out from under Daddy's arm and slid into the kitchen.

Several minutes later, I notice Hannah is eating something.  When I ask her what she's eating, she looks back, grins sheepishly, and avoids answering the question.

"Hannah, are you eating a Starburst?" I asked.

No answer.

Daddy asked, "Do you have a Starburst in your mouth?"

This is when Jack decides to share that he casually threw four Starbursts across the family room carpet to lure Hannah off the couch so that he could, in fact, steal her spot and snuggle with Daddy.

At this point, Brad and I realize that Hannah has had access to, not ONE, but FOUR Starbursts.

"Hannah, have you eaten FOUR Starbursts?" Daddy asked.

"No, three," she said happily as she licked her sticky lips.

*****

Happy Friday, my friends!

No comments: