Saturday, November 1, 2014

Trick-or-Treating Fun

The kids had such a fun Halloween!  The day was definitely packed with activity.  I decided to work half-day so that Brad and I could attend Jack's 1st grade Harvest Party together.  We had a really good time - I ran a pumpkin investigation station, and Brad was able to travel around to the various stations with Jack.  We had a lot of fun before heading over to Winwood to set up for our first experience with Trunk or Treat.

I've never signed up before because I'm always rushing from work to make it to school in time for the parties, let alone the parade, but this year, I decided to volunteer since I had the time.  I'm not super-creative, but I found a cute idea on Pinterest, and I was happy with the way it turned out.


Our campsite


A candy campfire :)

The kids did great posing for photos with their classes and then walking around the parking lot for the parade.

Can you spot Mikey?

What about Raphael?

Our happy girl

Digging for the perfect lollipop

Our handsome turtle

After the parties, we took the kids and while they were still in costume, I took some photos before it started to get dark.  I was happy with the way they came out, and I need to remember to do this every year!  Then we went inside for some dinner and jack-o-lantern carving.  Grandma and Grandpa came over to visit, and the littles were so excited to receive some special Halloween treats!

This boy is so easy to photograph!

A tiny, pouting turtle

Brad, carving the jack-o-lantern

Hannah and Grandpa

While Jack was resting, he decided to take the opportunity to draw a candy guide and a map of the neighborhood to be sure they visited all the homes and didn't forget anything important.  Such an organized way to tackle Halloween!



As the kids were finishing up dinner, Grampy, Aunt Ryan, Uncle John, and Dylan arrived for some trick-or-treating.  Poor Grammy wasn't feeling well, so she had stayed home for the evening, but we took plenty of pictures.

Our three amigos

Spooky

Daddy, Hannah, Jack, and Grampy - post trick-or-treating

Hannah, enjoying some fudge provided by Aunt Ryan :)

It was a good night, and I'm glad everyone had such a nice time.  

The kids have already started to plan their costumes for 2015.  I told them we have plenty of time...  And seeing how Miss Hannah decided five days before Halloween that she no longer wanted to be Elsa and, instead, she wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, I've decided we won't be making any rash decisions.

We hope your Halloween was just as fun-filled as ours!

No comments: