Monday, December 13, 2010

Another Year of Fabulous

On Saturday, my best friend's planned a special girl's day out in honor of my 30th birthday!  It was so fun, although I have to admit, I was a little nervous because it was a surprise.  All Kimmee shared with me was that I couldn't wear any makeup, I was supposed to wear my hair down, and I may want to wear pink or black.  To say the least, I was a little stressed, and Kimmee had said that I was not getting a makeover, and I couldn't think of any other way to get makeup on my face!  Then I found out that we were going to Reston Town Center which I was very excited about it because it's always decorated so nicely for the holidays.  I started thinking maybe she'd pick me up and she was going to do my makeup and hair at her house before we went out.  I could deal with that...no problem.

Except when she picked me up it was clear we were going straight to the Town Center, without my makeup.  And when we arrived, both Kimmee and Julie were looking super-cute.  They asked me to open my presents as we were standing close to the ice rink, and inside the bag I found a fuzzy pink and silver tiara, a hot pink ring, and a banner that read, "Another Year of Fabulous."  As I was dying of shock and embarrassment, my two best friends donned themselves with matching pink tiaras:)  Next, I opened a gift card to Sephora, and that's when I found out that I was having a makeup consultation, so that not only was I going to get my makeup done, but someone was going to teach me how to do it, and then I could do a little makeup shopping:)  What an awesome gift!

{pre makeup, in all the pink add-ons}

We rushed to Sephora, and I had a chance to put my hair half-up and put on my tiara.  Then I put on my beads (oh yes, I forgot to mention, we were also wearing hot-pink metallic beads), my ring, and my banner, and sat down to have my makeup consultation.  The makeup artist did a really great job, and while I did have to adamantly admit that the first lip color would just not do, she quickly found something that was much more suitable for me.  The eyes were a little more intense than I would normally wear, but they did look really good.  And I got some new makeup:)  It was so fun, and hopefully, now my makeup will look better when I do it myself since she gave me some really great tips.  One fun fact I learned was that I was actually applying my eyeshadow with a blending brush rather than an eyeshadow brush.  Nice.

{some intense eyeshadow application}

Then we were off to a fabulous lunch at Uncle Julio's which was wonderful.  My Sprite was served in a hot-pink martini glass (you know - the one Jack wanted his milk in?).  I ate everything on my plate of enchiladas not to mention most of the sopapillas they brought as a complimentary birthday dessert.  It was soooooo good - I love Mexican food:)

After that Kim and Julie whisked me away for manicures, and it was so nice to be pampered and to have so much time to chat and catch up since we don't get to get together that often.  My nails look so nice, and I couldn't wait to show them off at work!

Finally, we went to a really cute little cupcake shop where I was able to get a free cupcake for my birthday (compliments of the owner).  The stipulation was we had to have our picture taken (in all of our hot-pink glory) by the lady who rang us up, and then she had to email it to the owner.

It was a perfect day, and it was so thoughtful and sweet.  Every second was filled with the things I love:)  Kimmee and Julie know me too well - 7 1/2 years now.  Time flies...

Girls - you are wonderful, and you made me feel so special.  I love having you as my best friends, and that we can share all the ups and downs of our lives together.  What would I ever do without you?  Thank you so much!!!!

{post makeovers}

No comments: