Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lioness

When I was a kindergartner, my mom worked during the day, and my dad worked nights.  Therefore, he was responsible for doing my hair, helping me get dressed, and getting me to school.  I very clearly remember my dad being the cause of the bus stop being moved from one location to another, so as to be closer to our home.  My dad felt that it was very important that I not have to turn the corner to get to my bus stop, and he complained to the powers that be until they moved the bus stop.  I've forever been impressed, although now that I'm typing this, I'm not sure if I've ever told him.  Thanks, Dad:)  You're the best!

Now that I'm a mom, I understand the passion with which he must have worked to resolve the bus stop issue.  Currently, I am a lioness, protecting her cub.  For the last three days I've been on a mission to protect my son from the elements while at school during the day, and, I have to say, it has not been easy.

Today, I kept him at home so that I could be sure he would not have to go out in the 20 degree weather.  Obviously, this is not going to work all winter, so I'm still looking for another solution.

I love Jack's school - I really do.  I just NEED this one small issue to be resolved.  I've become a woman obsessed...just raging with my ears all hot and everything because I don't know how to fix this for him.  Tomorrow, with all the research I collected today, I'm going to state my case.  Wish me luck, for Jack's sake.


Seriously.  How could you not want this little man to be as toasty warm as possible?

No comments: