Saturday, December 18, 2010

Just Now

For those of you that know Jack well, you know what a picky eater he can be.  (I wonder where he gets that from?!?!)

This morning, after SoccerTots, we came home and I made a cheese sandwich for myself while Daddy cooked up some yummy bacon - two foods that Jack has never eaten before.  When I was almost done with my sandwich, I offered Jack a bite, and he ate it up super fast without any hesitation.  We were shocked.  Even more so when he asked me for his own sandwich. 

I made a sandwich for Jack, and then sat down to eat some bacon.  On numerous occasions we've offered bacon to Jack, but he'll never try it.  Today, I snuck two little pieces on his plate while he was looking away, and as we sat by very quietly wondering what his reaction would be, he picked it up, popped it into his little mouth, and immediately said, "Yummy to my tummy."  Brad and I were amazed when he actually put it into his mouth, but then when he said, "yummy to my tummy," we were just grinning ear to ear at one another, trying not to make a big deal about it lest he decide he couldn't possibly eat anymore bacon. 

Oh, he's just absolutely the cutest thing ever...


No comments: