Sunday, December 19, 2010

Skinny Bear Stories

I meant to write about this sooner, but it slipped my mind until something reminded me about it today:

At the beginning of Thanksgiving dinner, Grandma shared all of the things that she was thankful for.  It was a long, beautiful, weepy speech, and when she was done, Uncle Danny shared as well.  Then they asked Jack what he was thankful for.  "What do you love so much?"

After thinking for a moment or two, Jack clearly said, "Skinny Bear."

At least we know where we stand.  You know...as his mom and dad:)

*****
Today Jack was inspecting one of the topiary trees that we had at our wedding.  I told him we used the tree at Mommy and Daddy's wedding, and he said, "Jack's wedding."

It got me all sentimental and thinking, and so I said, "Sure, Buddy, you can use it at your wedding, too.  Who are you going to marry?  Who do you love so much?" sure that he was going to say me!

Ha, not so much.

"Skinny Bear," he said.

*****
This evening Jack and Daddy were playing and wrestling around on the couch.  Daddy tossed Skinny Bear across the room for Jack to go get, but Jack originally didn't think it was so great.  He went over, picked Skinny Bear up, and yelled to me, "Daddy just threw Skinny Bear!" like it was going to get Daddy in trouble.  And so the playing of one parent against the other begins, at a mere 30 months:)

No comments: