Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grandparents Day

Happy Grandparents Day!




It's only taken four years, but we were finally able to pull something together in time for Grandparents Day so that the littles could deliver a little "present" to their grandparents.  And if I'm being completely honest, it wouldn't have happened without a helpful reminder from Aunt Ryan:)

After our Father's Day project, I learned that Hannah isn't ready for handprints just yet, so we settled on a footprint butterfly (and let me just say, it took both Brad and me to get those perfect, little footprints...and several attempts as well).  I found both project ideas on Pinterest.  I might be slightly addicted.

*****

Grammy and Grampy,
Jack and Hannah love spending Wednesday evenings with you, eating at IHOP, and shopping for holidays.  

Grandma and Grandpa,
Jack and Hannah love spending days with you on the weekend, going to the movies, and eating at McDonald's or Chuck E. Cheese's.

To both sets of grandparents,
Thank you for loving our babies so much.  It is so special to all of us that we live so close and are able to see one another often.  We are so happy that the kids get to grow up being around each of you and spending as much time with you as they do.  They are lucky, and we know this!  We love you!

And finally, to my grandma and Jack and Hannah's Great-Grandma Stella,
We love you so much.  Even though we don't get to see you that often, we think about you every day.  My memories of spending time with you when I was a little girl are very special - I remember making chocolates, celebrating birthdays at your house, and dressing up for Easter to look for Easter eggs.  I am so happy that you are a part of Jack and Hannah's lives.  You are so generous with them, and they love receiving presents from Great-Grandma Stella, but even if you never bought them another thing - they'd love you just the same!  We hope you are doing well, and we'll see you soon!  I love you.

*****

Grandpa - I miss you still.  Every day.  You would have loved Jack and Hannah so much!

No comments: