Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Seven Days of Super Heroes

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned on here many times that Jack loves to dress like different super heroes.  In fact, it's very rare that you'd ever come into our house and not find Jack dressed as someone else.  Usually, it's pajamas that he has on, but he's become rather good at creatively mixing and matching his pajamas to make whichever costume he feels like wearing for the moment.  He works really hard to make the entire ensemble match - down to the socks and underwear:)  I decided this is such a fun phase, and that I really needed to work hard at documenting it better to share with him later.  I decided to be really aware of every time he changed for an entire week and to take a picture of him in his get-up.  I'm pretty sure I might have missed one or two outfits, but other than that, I think I did a great job of documenting.  And as you'll see - Jack does a wonderful job of posing as various super heroes:

Batman

Spider-Man

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle

Captain America

Wolverine

...and Thor!

He often circles back to previous outfits or changes right before bed to be a certain super hero.  If he's watching a super hero show, he'll pause it to go change to look like the main character.  We enjoy it thoroughly:)  

*****

Daddy's mini-storry:  In wrestling with daddy, Jack has apparently adopted some sort of Kung-Fu style of fighting I was unaware of until he unleashed his skills upon me.  As I'm sitting on the ground he runs at me, jumps in the air and drop kicks me with both legs!!!  If this boy had actually had training on how to do this he would have broken my ribs, and while it did knock me over in pain, a wave of testosterone driven manly joy filled my heart and I couldn't help but congratulate him with a high-five on the perfectly executed drop kick.  Let's hope he uses his powers for good and not evil.  

*****

Back to Spider-Man

and then...

back to Batman.

Near the end of our documenting costumes week, Jack thought it would be fun to pose with the Batman he got for Christmas.  For some reason, he believes that his blue, rain boots closely resemble the black boots that Batman wears - even more so than his black, rubber Crocs.

And Hannah, well, she wants to be just like her brother.  So she decided to stand next to Batman for a picture too:)  (Anyone else think she looks like Cindy Lou Who?!)

Look at this series of pictures to see how she mimics everything he does...




{looking at Jack to see if she's "doing it right"}

Oh, how we love our little super hero and his tiny sister!

Now - the laundry he goes through in a week?  Totally different story:)

No comments: