Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Musings

This weekend was pretty low-key for us, but here are some things swirling about:

-Our amazing baby boy of a little over two years old has taken quite well to potty-training.  There is a total of 13 stickers on our potty chart, representing the number of times that Jack has used the potty in the last five days.  I am ecstatic, and he is loving his big boy underpants:)  Hallelujah!  Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you, Jack!

(Jack is helping Daddy with our Sunday steak dinner)

-We are 99% finished with the decorating of our living room and dining room.  The last piece of furniture was delivered on Saturday, and aside from needing some artwork above the sofa, the rooms are complete.  Check out the before and after!

Before

(These are pictures taken during our home inspection - not our furniture)

After



What do you think?

-In our many trips to the pet store with Daddy, we've discovered that Jack has an affinity for mice.  And now he has his own.  His very first, true pet.  He was so excited to pick out the car that Nemo and Dory would sleep in, and this morning it just about made his day when he realized, in fact, that they do sleep in there!
  

 



-This Thursday I think I'll get to see my baby sister try on wedding dresses for the first time.  Just thinking about it makes me get all teary-eyed...

-This Friday I get to see Dave Matthews Band at Nationals Park with Kimmee.  That's a reason to celebrate all on its own:)

-I finally have a removal date for my braces...I CANNOT wait to have them taken off on September 9th!!!

Hope you had a good weekend - I'm off to pick up the little man from school!




No comments: