Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Jack

Here's just a few of my favorite things that have come out of Jack's mouth recently:

  • "Sticky" - Jack says "sticky" whenever anything a tad bit messy somehow lands on him, be it dinner, lotion, urine, or sand.  As of yet, I've been unable to catch the facial expression that accompanies this saying on camera, but I'm not giving up.

  • "There's a boy in there, Mama" - This is what Jack says when he catches his reflection in the oven door.  To.  Die.  For.

  • "I NEED _____" - fill in the blank.  Jack has been saying, "I need it," or "I need this," constantly.  Just a few examples:
    • "I need this lollipop." (referring to a treat he found before breakfast)
    • "I need this Buzz." (referring to any book, moving, clothing, or toy that has anything to do with Toy Story whatsoever)
    • I need this car." (referring to a set of Hot Wheels cars lurking at a checkout aisle - mind you, they look exactly like the other 145 Hot Wheels cars we already have at home)
I love listening to Jack learn to express himself.  We never know just what he's going to say next.  Hopefully, I'll be able to catch some really great video of the above examples.  I'm on a mission!

1 comment:

Ryan Marie Ellis said...

I swear reading these things is the best 'instant smile' ever :) He just keeps getting cuter.... LOVE IT!!