Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Days

This weekend was fantastic, but I can't believe it's almost over:(  Right before I wrote this post, I put the finishing touches on our very clean house.  It is sooooo clean, and I am so proud of myself.  Bathrooms, dusting, clean sheets, sweeping, laundry, vacuuming...you name it, I did it.  It feels wonderful and makes me so calm.  I love a good, clean house...especially my own.  Of course, it did take me all weekend as I'm constantly combatting with a two year old boy, two puppy dogs, and a husband who leaves tools everywhere!

Yesterday, we had a low-key day at home, but after Jack's nap we all got cleaned up and headed out.  We had dinner at Chili's and then went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  We finally found new bedroom bedding that we agreed on, and I can't wait to paint our room and decorate with our new color scheme.  It's warm and wonderful - I'll be sure to post the before and afters once we get the project under way.  After Bed, Bath, and Beyond we went over to Lowe's, and I'm pretty sure we have narrowed down the possibilities for the bedroom paint.  I'm thinking maybe we'll tackle painting the bedroom over Columbus Day weekend...we'll see. 

Today, Jack and I got up early and went to church.  It was a rainy, chilly morning, but it just screams fall, and I love it!  During the children's sermon, the minister was talking to the kids about helping others whether you have a lot to give or just a little.  She said that she was going to give some of the children a dollar, and throughout the week, they had to help someone else with that dollar and then report back how they helped next weekend.  While other kids were raising their hands, I watched Jack as he figured out what was going on, and he put his little hand up in the air.  This week, Jack will be giving a dollar to someone in need.  I was so proud of him:)

On our way home, we made our weekly run to the grocery store, and then came home and played.  We both took a really great nap while Daddy worked around the house, and then when we woke up, I went back to work to finish the cleaning.  Jack was in such a good mood all day - I love those days!

Now - off to watch Dexter.  Oh, I hope my little heart will be able to handle it this season...

No comments: