Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for...

...adorable two year-old boys who call to their mommies that they have to go potty first thing in the morning, realize that their pull-up didn't stay dry overnight, softly say, "It's okay; sometimes it happens" just like their mommies, and then proceed to go pee pee while announcing, "I'm pushing...it's working."  I don't know if there is a better way to start your day.  Seriously.

...the women that finally took off my braces today and the wonderfully, smooth feeling that I get when I run my tongue across the front of my teeth.  Oh, how I've missed that!

...Cuddlebug, who somehow is indestructible, and survived a near fatal accident involving her stealing a piece of very rich, very chocolatey chocolate cake just hours after having been freed from punishment for stealing Jack's blueberry muffin breakfast.

...the Sterling Park neighborhood that helped us find dear Buddah.  Did I tell you we found Buddah?!?!

...Jack, who just this afternoon during pick-up dropped Woody's hat onto the floor of the Jeep, and then very promptly spouted off, "What's a cowboy without his hat?"  Straight from Toy Story 2, I tell you.  Inflection and all.

...Toy Story 3, for being released on November 2nd and saving me from a hell place where I only watch Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on TV during Jack's every waking moment.

...my hubby, who very adorably ordered my Amazon.com shopping cart items that I've been saving since Fall 2005.  No, I'm not kidding.

...my little man, who spotted a man painting the gate this afternoon on our way home and clearly said, "Mommy, that man is painting."  The way an adult would say it.  Complete sentence; nonchalant.  I love it!

...Motrin, for allowing me to get through the braces-removal process without crying like an eight year-old girl.

...City Cash because I love new clothes from NY & Co, and I have something to look forward to.

...the smooth feeling on the front of my teeth.  Did I mention the smooth feeling on the front of my teeth?


1 comment:

Kimmee said...

I can't believe we were on the phone for like 2 hours and not one mention of the braces! Yeah! Can't wait to see! P.S. You do this on purpose so I will read, don't you:)