Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today was Daddy's birthday, and Jack and I worked extra hard to make it special.  This morning we made sure to give him his birthday cards, and I called during my work day to sing, but the true surprise was this evening.  Jack and I had decided to surprise Daddy at work right before he got off and then take him to a nice seafood dinner in the city.

On my way home from work, I stopped to get some balloons - Mickey Mouse and Toy Story included:) Then I straightened up the house and hung the birthday banner before Jack and I headed out to Bethesda.  I thought I had left in plenty of time, but as soon as we hit 495, traffic came to a halt and I was starting to stress.  What if Brad decided to leave early and we missed him completely?!  I called for reinforcements - we got in touch with Brad's friend Adam and left a message about our surprise.

Luckily, Adam called us back and was able to help stall Brad while we continued to head into the city, and he was able to let us into the building which I hadn't realized would be locked!  I guess it's a good thing we hit traffic after all.

Jack was so excited to surprise Daddy at work and to carry the balloons:)  We got there just in time - Brad had just started to shut down his computer.  He was so excited to see us and completely surprised!



We dropped off the balloons in the car, and then like city folk we walked a couple of blocks to our dinner reservations at McCormick and Schmick's.  Jack was on his best behavior and Daddy had a lovely birthday dinner of lobster bisque, oysters, and a crab cake sandwich.  


Jack fell asleep in the car on the way home because it was way past his bedtime, but when we got home we got to light some candles and sing happy birthday to Daddy, just as I'd promised.  Jack was too sleepy and Daddy was too full, but Mommy enjoyed some key lime pie before bedtime:)


Daddy said it was one of the best birthdays that he could remember, and we had so much fun together.  I was glad we had decided to surprise him at work and that everything worked out perfectly.

To My Sweet, Sweet Baby Brad - I'm so glad you had such a happy day because you deserve it.  I love being married to you and knowing that we have known each other for half of our lives.  You are so wonderful to me and to Jack.  We love you so much.  Happy Birthday, my love!





No comments: