Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Jack

"Mama, you are my best friend I ever saw!" he exclaimed as I was in the bathroom the other morning and Jack was visiting.  Seriously, the little man brought tears to my eyes.  Is that not the sweetest thing?!

*****

"He'll be so impressed!" he confirmed after I told him that Daddy would be so proud he ate all of his bread after church on Sunday.  What a vocabulary!

*****

Let's just say that while little eyes are always watching, little ears are always listening.  On occasion (twice this past weekend!) I've heard Baby Jack utter some words in frustration that I'd rather he not know.  Or say.  Mommy and Daddy have to be so, so careful these days because both instances were very clear, very expressive, and very appropriately used.  If it were at all appropriate for a toddler to swear.  Ouch.  Must work on this one.  Thank goodness that he couldn't see my reaction because surely that would have inadvertently encouraged these utterances.

*****

"Oh, that will be so fun!" he gasps while putting his hands up to his little cheeks and widening his eyes to near-saucer size.  Jack says this to any plans of ours that I share with him.  Precious.

*****

"Really?!  Really, really?"  he asks excitedly if what we're about to do excites him so much I think he might burst. 

*****

I couldn't possibly love this kid anymore than I already do.  My little heart might just explode out of my chest:)

No comments: