Monday, January 31, 2011

15 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 15 Weeks
Size of Baby: Peanut is about the size of an orange
Baby's Developmental Milestones: This week, the baby's ears and eyes have migrated to the right spot on his/her head:)  Peanut can wiggle his/her fingers and toes!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 10 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I'm still wearing most of my regular clothes with the exception of a few maternity shirts   on the weekend because they're just so much more comfortable.  I've pulled out the maternity clothes though and they're ready and waiting in my closet.  It won't be much longer now...
Gender: Five more weeks until we can find out!
Movement: Still no, but hopefully soon!
Sleep: I haven't slept as good this past week.  I have to get up to go to the bathroom and then when I lay back down my mind is racing.  I also toss and turn back and forth all night long trying to get comfortable.
What I miss: Mountain Dew:)
Cravings: Sandwiches, pickles, lemonade, cereal, milk
Symptoms: My skin seems to be reacting not so wonderfully:(  And isn't my hair supposed to be glowing?!
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: Getting a belly kiss from Brother Bear (aka: Jack)

Jack says often that there is a baby in my belly:)  On Saturday, we went to have dinner with Brad's parents and when we arrived they commented on the growing belly.  Jack was paying close attention, and immediately came over to show them that there is indeed a baby in my belly...by promptly lifting up my shirt, exposing my pale, expanding stomach (and my unbuttoned pants), and giving Peanut a proper brotherly kiss.  Adorable, I tell you.  Embarrassing, but adorable.  At least we were with family!

On Sunday during lunch, Jack announced HE has a baby in HIS belly.  Caught his papa and I a little off guard, but we tried to clear up some of the confusion.  He's pretty sure this "baby" everyone keeps talking about is his:)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be Peanut's brain that's causing this rapid belly gain :) Two baby geniuses? I think so!!

You look beautiful and I love you!

~ Ryan