Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was a perfect Valentine's Day, aside from the fact that it's Monday and we had to work.  After work Jack and I played, got our Valentines ready for Daddy, and then I made him one of his favorite dinners - buttered noodles:)  Daddy came home with beautiful, red roses from the both of them and a funny joke.  The first card he gave me was completely in Spanish and it came with a warning: "Keep in mind there were kind of slim pickings."  But that was just to get me all worked up, so in fact, I got two beautiful cards from my hubby.  

After we put Jack to bed, I hustled around to prepare my surprise for Brad.  I had ordered a pizza and salad dinner from one of our favorite take-out places.  I tidied up the family room, we changed into our jammies, we lit the fireplace and some candles, and had a lovely candle-lit dinner on the floor of the family room while watching one of our favorite TV shows.  It was perfect - such a nice, quiet, relaxing way to spend Valentine's Day.

And doesn't this card just melt a mama's heart?!  When I picked Jack up at my parents' house yesterday, he announced that he "made a car for you, Mama."  Then he brought it to me, and I realized he made me a card.  The cutest part was when he modeled for me just exactly how his little hands came to be on the paper, placing his little paws over the traced areas and explaining how he "put my hands here and here...just like that.  Really."  He was so pleased with himself.  And so was I.



(Thank you, Grammy for helping my little man make me such a wonderful surprise.  I will cherish those little handprints always!)

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your loved ones!

No comments: