Thursday, March 1, 2012

Just Jack...Catching Up!

Our little man has been rather busy...it's hard to keep up with him, but I don't want to forget these sweet moments - even if they happened awhile ago.  Thanks for following along!

*****

Jack refers to an art project as an "artject".  I know.  It seriously doesn't get any cuter than that!

*****

The last time we went to Sport Bounce (an indoor inflatable park), Jack packed his back pack of toys while I was in the shower so that he'd be ready to go as soon as I was ready.  Even though we don't take toys into Sport Bounce because you're too busy bouncing!

Then, as I was packing our little lovelies into the car, Hannah was fussing a bit.  She doesn't love to be strapped into her car seat, but once she's in, she's good.  While she was fussing, Jack tried to calm her down by saying, "It's okay, Hannah Bear.  Sport Bounce is a fun place.  It's inside, not outside."  I think he thought she was sad since it was drizzling outside:)

*****

Sometimes Jack is really great about sitting close to Hannah while she's playing on the floor.  One afternoon, he left the room to go potty or get a snack, and his little sister started to cry.  Jack came running back into the room, "Oh, I'm sorry Hannah.  I didn't mean to leave you alone.  I'm right here."

My heart just melted.  He's so good to her...we are so lucky!

*****

One day we got home from school, and there was a newspaper on the driveway.  Jack jumped down from his car seat and shouted, "I'll get the mail!  I got the mail for you Mama because I'm a cool guy!"  I think he got the phrase "cool guy" from his BFF, Channing.  Channing usually says "funny guy," but I think Jack was just changing it up a bit.  Cute.

*****

After dinner, Jack asked for milk to go with his cookies.  We told him that he already had milk in his cup, and without missing a beat, he replied, "But that's dinner milk.  I need dessert milk."  What?  Where did that come from?

*****

One morning, we were getting dressed for school, and I told Jack he couldn't (again) where his pajamas underneath his school clothes.  He was a little sad, but he calmed himself down by rationalizing to himself.

"Everyone knows I'm spectacular spiderman."

Yes, Baby.  I'm pretty sure that no one's missed that.

*****

Coming back to the idea that Baby Jack is the best big brother EVER...

I had to make a bottle for our fussy baby girl one night and instead of taking her back downstairs with me, I just simply asked Jack to "read her some books" while I went to make the bottle.  I got down some baby board books from Hannah Bear's bookshelf, and left the room.  I guess I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I want Jack to feel like a reader from the start, and so I just set it up that way.

And guess what?  He does feel like a reader.  Because do you know what he did?  He opened up those books, and he read them to her, one after the other, until I came back upstairs.  I heard him from the kitchen and nearly cried.  I was so proud:)

*****

Just this morning, Jack wanted to go crawl into Hannah's crib with her once he saw she was awake on the monitor.  So off he went while I finished getting ready for work.  The next thing I knew, I could see him crawling into her crib, and her ear to ear smile at his presence.  I realized I could talk to him through the monitor, so I just pushed the little button and told him to be careful.

He knows I can see him on the monitor (since we were just watching Hannah together), so the next thing I know, I'm looking at Jack's little nose and cheeks and lips as he gets closer and closer to the camera.  And then he says, "Mommy, I can smell Hannah's poopy diaper."

I just had to laugh.  He's too adorable not to:)


No comments: