Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Missing You, Mommy

The other day, as we were riding in the car, Jack announces to me that he's going to miss me when he gets bigger.

"What do you mean, Sweetheart?"  I needed a moment to collect my thoughts and pull back tears because ohmygoodness, I'm going to miss you too, Baby.

"When I get big, I'm going to miss you."

Clearly he's put together the fact that Daddy does not live with his mommy and daddy anymore, and it's already begun to worry our sweet, little boy.  That, and the fact that I'm sure he's heard me say that he's growing way too fast and I want it all to slow down.  Oops.  I didn't mean to make him worried.

"Oh, Baby.  No matter what, you're always going to be my baby, and I'll always be with you.  Just like in The Kissing Hand.  We have lots of time together, just you and me.  And you have so much time to be small, Little Man.  You can stay with me as long as you like, don't you worry."

This seemed to make him feel a lot better, but ohmygoodness I was not prepared for that.  Not one little bit.

No comments: