Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Deja Vu


Remember last summer when Jack practically lived in these Spider-Man pajamas?



Well, this morning Miss Hannah woke up before Jack, and she and I went downstairs to let the puppies out and to get her breakfast bottle.  I was getting ready to feed Hannah when that tiny, little voice I love called out to ask if I was downstairs.  As I turned to watch my little man come down the stairs, I saw that same three year old all over again.  He'd chosen to wear these jammies last night...the ones I haven't seen him wear in awhile.  And he was holding Skinny Bear and his blue blanket, and he just looked like that little boy who is quickly disappearing before my very eyes.  

It took my breath away.  And I just smiled and hugged him and secretly thanked him for that moment.

No comments: