Monday, June 25, 2012

Overdue

I realize that I never wrote about our Father's Day...I meant to - I just hadn't gotten around to it quite yet.  Tonight's as good a time as any...

Prior to Father's Day, I tried to work on an art project with the littles for their daddy.  If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen one of these pictures, but it didn't go the way I pictured it in my mind:



It seems we're not quite ready for painting projects just yet!  However, while the project didn't look like the model I saw on Etsy, it was still pretty cute, and Daddy loved it!


Daddy also got a nice watch and a helicopter that Jack picked out.  Jack was very excited to fly the helicopter with his Daddy:)

After opening Daddy's presents, the rest of our Father's Day was pretty packed - lots of time with family:)  

In the morning, we headed over to my dad's house and talked him into joining us on a trip to Udvar-Hazy.  He was a very good sport - I'm not sure that he's ever gone out with just me and the kiddos before.  I'm not sure if he'll ever do it again:)

Let's just say that it didn't go as smoothly as planned - if you've read my blog long enough, you're probably realizing that nothing does around these parts.  Hannah was sleepy even though she napped right before we headed out, and Jack wasn't as in to the air and space displays as I'd hoped.  I think he thought he was going to get to go into the various planes, so he seemed a little disappointed.  My dad and I enjoyed the displays, and I tried to take a couple of pictures, although most of them came out a little blurry because I was holding a little, wiggly girl most of the time:)

Rear view of the Discovery

The Enola Gay from above

F-14

The Discovery

Jack really liked the astronaut.

This was my favorite shot.

SR-71 Blackbird

After our museum trip, we grabbed a little lunch and then headed home for naps.  Everyone slept very well.

That evening, we had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack with Brad's mom and dad.  Hannah practiced her walking and Jack enjoyed the indoor playground.  Cute little side story about Jack, when our food arrived, Brad went to get Jack from the playground, and when he got there, he saw Jack playing with a little girl who was maybe two years old.  Brad decided to hang out to the side and watch for a few minutes - our little man was helping this little girl around the playground and didn't know his daddy was watching.  Jack would climb up the ladder, and then lean down to encourage her and help her up, and then he'd go down the ladder, turn around, and say, "It's okay, you can come down now."  So adorable, and Brad came back and told the rest of the table about it, and Jack was so proud of himself.  He's going to be so good with Hannah as she gets a little older - we can't wait!

Here our some photos I snapped on my phone from our evening:






I most certainly did not forget the most important men in my life:)  Happy Father's Day - to my husband and the father of my children, to my dad, and to my father-in-law...I love you all so much:)



No comments: