Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Baby Dylan ~ 8-9 Days Old

Very quickly, you must know that Hannah Bear apparently caught on to how adorable I thought her, "I dropped the rice," statement was because this morning, as I put on my makeup and she sat on the couch eating her waffle, she randomly announced, "I dropped the rice," just to see me smile.

Have I ever told you how much I love that girl?

*****

Approximately six weeks ago, my nephew was born.  Throughout Ryan's entire pregnancy, I was busy planning for our newborn photo shoot.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on that tiny, squishy little man.  To strip him down to his little bare tushy, bend him in all sorts of adorable ways, and just take picture after picture.

We were all set to take his pictures one week to the day that he was born.  And then I injured my eye.

I was devastated.  And determined all at the same time.  So I went over the next day - wonky eye and all - to take newborn pictures.  Dylan was eight days old.  Neither Dylan nor I were very happy that day.  He was tired, but wouldn't sleep.  He did not want to bend and be squishy.  But take pictures we did.

{I'm a sucker for tiny feet}

{a personal favorite - it made the announcement}

{mama love} 

 {thumb sucker}

{Packers in his blood ~ but NOT from my side}

Since I didn't get any squishy, completely bare pictures during our first attempt, the kids and I went back the second day to see if we'd do any better.  We took some more adorable pictures, but Dylan still did not want to sleep.  Or squish.

{serious thought}

 {again with the tiny feet}

 {oh.my.word.}

{I told you.  She's jealous.  She wanted to pose, too.}

So, while they might not look like the Pinterest pictures I've been hoarding for nine months, they make me smile.  And I think my sister likes them, too.





No comments: