Saturday, April 27, 2013

happy day

Today was an all-around happy day.

Maybe it's because I'm home this weekend - I can lounge around with the littles in our jammies and make breakfast for our family.

Maybe it's because it was beautiful outside and every pore on my body knows that summer is near.

Whatever the reason, it was just a perfectly happy day.

And we didn't do anything special, either.

*****

This morning, the kids slept in a little bit so that I didn't really head downstairs until about a quarter to eight - that's always nice.  Then we made a late breakfast and the kids played outside for a bit.  We knew then that the weather would be lovely today:)

We got cleaned up and I took Jack and Hannah to Jack's soccer game.  He played well today - in fact, he even scored a goal!  Towards the end of the game, the kids were getting tired, and for a split second Jack was the only one paying attention, and he managed to take the ball all the way down the field and score.  He was so proud of himself!  I actually think that Jack may end up playing defense if he decides to keep playing - he naturally goes to the net to stop someone from scoring rather than trying to take the ball and turn it around.  Very interesting to watch...even the coach made a defender comment today, so it's not just me.


Anyway, after the "game," we headed over to take Jack's soccer pictures, and I was starting to get nervous about the sun.  It hadn't occurred to me to lather everyone up with sunscreen, but I could feel the heat on my arms, and the pictures seemed to be taking forever.  When we were finally finished, we grabbed some ice cream from the ice cream man (who, if I do say so myself, has figured out the best spot to be at on a Saturday afternoon) and headed home.  The kids seemed fine sunburn-wise, but I was feeling a little tingly.  Sure enough, the back of my neck is definitely burned.  Many aloe applications already!  The kids seem to have a lovely tan though, so I'm happy that they don't seem to have my skin.

We had a quick lunch, and then we actually all laid down for a nap.  It was wonderful.

We got up, and the kids played on the deck in their sandbox and with bubbles, and we worked on cleaning up the piles of paperwork in our office.  We didn't quite finish the job, but we got a good start.

This evening, Jack and Daddy went to the hardware store and the pet shop while Hannah and I headed to Target and then went to dinner, just the two of us.  We had so much fun, and we got all of our errands run so that tomorrow we can just hang out around the house.


When we all got home, we straightened up the house and got everyone ready for bed.  We listened to music, danced, and read lots of stories before snuggling the kids into bed.  At one point, Jack came up to me and said, "Whoever wrote that tiger song, The Eye of the Tiger, is good at writing tiger songs."  He makes me laugh so much!  We didn't even realize he knows that songs have to be written.

Like I said, nothing super special, but just a day that makes me smile.  Sunburn and all:)

No comments: