Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hannah Bear

Hannah definitely gives us a run for our money...a tiny bit frightening since she's only two.  I can only imagine how that will play out for us as she enters her teenage years.


{do you see the sass on her face?  because we certainly do.}


*****

When she's negotiating for something she knows I don't want her to have, say peanut M & M's at 9 am in the morning, she smiles, keeps heading in their general direction, cocks her head, and asks, "Just a little bit?"  If I don't answer right away, but I smile at her, she points at me and says again, "Just a little bit!"  Usually, I cave.  I'm working on it, but she's just so darn cute.

*****

If Hannah doesn't perfectly agree with the plan, she'll sarcastically ask, "Really, Mom?"

This is definitely something she's learned from Jack.  Who learned from me.

Sometimes I just can't help myself.  He does something so completely off the wall or unacceptable that a "Really?" creeps out.  I'm working on it.

*****

If she disagrees with me about something I've said, she might reply, "Yesh, it does!"  even if it doesn't make sense. 

For example:

"Hannah, you don't need your binky right now.  You can have it at nap time."

"Yesh, it does.  I need binky now."

or

"Hannah, we don't need to clean up now, we can get it later."

"Yesh, it does!"

*****

Occasionally, when I'm taking a shower, Jack and Hannah will play in our tub.  I get them all set up with a little bit of water and some toys, and then I take a shower right next to them.  The other day, I had just gotten in the shower when Hannah came over and attempted to turn the water on by herself.  When I explained that she had to wait for me so that she wouldn't get hurt, she emphatically announced, "I'm fine, Mom.  I'm fine."

Again, from Jack.

*****

We have a pretty set bedtime routine at night, and usually it involves me putting Hannah into her bed, rubbing her hair, and telling her how much I love her.  Apparently, I must say exactly, "Goodnight, Princess.  I love you."

Because the other night I didn't say that.  And so Hannah told me to.  "Say goodnight princess."

"What, Baby Girl?" I asked, as I took her binky out of her mouth.

"Say goodnight princess."  Completely serious.  With big, blue eyes looking up at me expectantly.

Brad and I got a good chuckle out of that one:)

*****

She also likes to reaffirm to me every night that "Daddy kiss hannah on the bed," after I've held her next to him for kisses.  She likes for him to tuck her in after I do each night, and she doesn't want us to forget.

*****

She's completely fearless.  Well, until a bunny rabbit heads her way or she gets a little too close to Chuck E. at Chuck E. Cheese.  But other than that?  She's our risk-taker.  I was trying to get a video of Jack going down a water slide the other day.  He'd practiced over and over again, and Hannah had gone down a couple of times as well.  I knew Hannah was in line behind him, but I planned on setting down my phone before helping Hannah down the slide, as I'd done the times before.  This was not her plan at all.  Thank goodness I was right there, and Jack knows to always look out for his little sister.


No fear.

*****

She gets hurt and falls down constantly, but barely cries.  She gets back up, she might stick out her bottom lip a bit, and then she just keeps on going.  She banged her toe the other day and pretty much lost her toenail.  Not a peep.

*****

She also says/requests the following all of the time:

I gonna be right back.
Don't touch it.
Be back in a second.
Don't eat Hannah waffle/corn/cookie/juice/snack.
Don't kiss Hannah tootsies/cheeks/nose/arm.
I'm not tired.

She often says all of the above while pointing her finger at me.

Sure, she's sassy.  But my, do we love her.

*********************************************************************************

We can add to the list of tiny things I notice about the puppies being gone that no one comes immediately bounding down the stairs when I open the fridge late at night for a before-bedtime snack.

Other than that, today was much better.

No comments: