Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's been awhile...

Today I'm thankful for several things:

I am thankful for Jack's creativity.  He continues to astound me on a daily basis.  Really, I'm just in awe, and it makes me wonder what he'll end up being when he grows up...

Just the other day, when Brad realized Japanese beetles are attacking his beloved Crepe Myrtle, Jack made a bug trap.

How adorable is that?  I only helped by giving him the empty box, and he did the rest.

Luring the bugs in with other bug friends...

Ladybugs...

Bumble bees...

Lightning bugs?

And inside the box, a spider.  I helped him cut out the circles and the legs, but Jack did the gluing and that fancy design on its body.

Then I came downstairs yesterday to find my little man making a knight helmet.


And so, I'm thankful for the creative little boy that is all ours:)

I'm also thankful for longtime friends.  I had lunch with my friend Jeannette today, and we had a great time catching up at Burger King while Jack and Hannah chased each other through the tunnels.  It's nice to sit and talk to another adult and catch up on our jobs and families.  I miss working with her, and so it was good to see her again.

I'm thankful for this little boy (below), who has stolen my heart.  And for his Momma, who has stepped into this role with nothing but grace.


I'm thankful for Hannah's big, blue eyes.  Seriously, they make me swoon.


I'm seriously a happy girl.

No comments: