Saturday, December 28, 2013

Big Day

One of Hannah's Christmas presents was a big-girl bed set.  She seemed eager to have a big-girl bed, but I'm not entirely sure she knew what was in store, exactly.

This morning, as I was changing all of the sheets, I decided it was time, and took the front of her crib off.  She watched in awe and was so excited to put her Minnie Mouse sheets and comforter on her little toddler bed.

Then came nap time.  She did nap, but it took her a long time to settle down and fall asleep.  I think she was just so excited!  Can you tell?




When it was time to wake her up, I went into her room and found her asleep, tangled in sheets and blankets on the floor.  She opened her eyes as soon as my flash went off - 


 - and then had so much fun telling me about how she woke up and was like, "Huh?  Where am I?  I fell on the floor while I was sleeping!"

Tonight, she did very well.  She was a brave little girl, and didn't seem to notice that anything was different until we were about to put her into bed.  She looked up at me with those pretty blue eyes and asked, "You're never going to put me in the crib again?"

I almost lost it.  But I held it together and asked her if she wanted me to put her into her big-girl bed.  She did (thankgoodness, for Mama).  

We checked a little bit ago, and she seems to be sound asleep and still in bed.  We'll see how the morning goes once she wakes up and realizes she can get herself out of bed!

2 comments:

Amy said...

My little girl got big girl Minnie bedding, too!! I love the bed... It's gorgeous!

Erika said...

Thank you - I was impressed that the bedding is as soft as it is! Hannah is very happy - I hope your daughter is too!