Monday, December 9, 2013

gone, but not forgotten


A pile of Jack's writing came home last week, and this weekend, as I was going through and filing his work, I came upon this piece.  My eyes welled up with tears.  A month and a half after our puppy dogs moved, Jack was thinking of them during writing workshop at school.  And this - his special ode to Cuddlebug and Gracie.

We're missing our puppy dogs very much this holiday season.  They have ornaments on our tree.  Do I keep them?  Do I send them along?  I found a box of the girlfriends' Christmas toys.  I'm going to send these to our friend, Joe.  And then there's the snow - oh, the snow.  The puppies in the snow were always so adorable.

But there is still this: I know they are loved.  I know they are happy.  I know that Joe is happier.  And I know that Jack is healthier.

No comments: