Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cutest. Sentence. Ever.

Late last night, Hannah Bear came padding into our bedroom.  I pulled myself out from under the covers and took her back to her bedroom.  I tucked her back in, and kissed her good night.  Then I went back to sleep.

Probably 30 minutes to an hour later, she came back, and I was too physically tired to get out of bed again, so I just pulled her up next to me and we snuggled for the rest of the night.

Snuggling with Hannah is not how it sounds.

What it really means is that she flailed around, smacking me in the face, elbowing me in the back, and tossing her legs over me the entire night.  It's just how she sleeps.  You've seen the pictures :)

In the morning, I heard her climb down, and I assumed she went to put on her "bea-u-ti-ful dress" and that she'd be back.  She must've found something to distract her because about 30 minutes later when I got up and headed down the hallway, I saw her coming my way.

"Why'd you get up?" I asked her.

And our sweet Hannah Bear?

She said, "Cause the skies were awake."

Note: Since I wrote this post, I have discovered that this is, indeed, a spinoff from a Frozen quote that Hannah learned from watching her favorite movie.  Anna pops up on Elsa's bed, trying to awaken her, and explains, "The skies are awake, so I'm awake and I want to play!"  Still pretty adorable, but now makes so much more sense!

No comments: