Monday, June 2, 2014

It was bound to happen...

So early this morning, as I was putting on my makeup and getting ready for work, I heard Hannah Bear start to whimper.  It quickly escalated into a full-blown cry and a tiny, "Ow".  I came running out of the bathroom to discover our tiny tot wandering around the kitchen, looking for me.

"What's wrong, Hannah Bear?  Why are you crying?"

"There's something in my nose..."

"What do you mean there's something in your nose?  Do you need to blow your nose?"

"No, there's something in my nose."

And then the possibility hit me.

"Hannah Bear - did you put something in your nose?"

Whimpering.  "Yes, and it's stuck."

"What did you put in your nose?" I asked, panic setting in.

"I don't know."

So I proceeded to lift her up and look in her nose, and sure enough, an unidentifiable object was clearly lodged in her nostril.

Perfect.

I quickly carried her up the stairs to our bathroom, sat her on the counter, and proceeded to use our tiniest tweezers to remove the object.  Thankgoodness.



I still have no idea what it is or where she found it or why on earth she decided to stick it in her nose.

We had a firm talking-to that there will be no more "things" in her nose.  Ever.  She seemed pretty scared when it happened, so hopefully that will deter her from ever making the same mistake again.

And that's how my week began.

Lovely.

No comments: