Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Monday

Today was our first day back at school after Spring Break.  Our day went pretty smoothly - aside from being a little tricky to wake up so early, everyone got off to a great start.  I was able to leave work shortly after my school day ended, and I got the kids early so we could come home and relax.  Hannah had her jammies on hours before bedtime, and as soon as her head hit the pillow, she was out!  Jack wasn't far behind.  We'll see how we do tomorrow, when the "newness" of being back at school has worn off.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some pictures from our Easter festivities.  Yesterday was a day packed with family and fun!

Hannah's Basket

Jack's Basket

This year the bunny left their baskets on the TV console instead of on our coffee table.  When the kiddos looked over the balcony first thing in the morning, there were no baskets to be found!  I had two crying little lovelies waking me up at 7:15 to exclaim that the Easter Bunny didn't come.  I don't think the bunny realized that he's always left the baskets elsewhere...luckily, I was able to dry their tears and show them that, in fact, the Easter Bunny did come!  Poor things...

Early morning light and an Easter egg hunt

Family photo - and yes, we matched on purpose :)

Uncle John, Dylan, and Aunt Ryan

Cousin Love

Dessert table

Family photo

Easter table - so lovely!

My carrots!  New recipe found here

My favorite holiday meal

We did an egg hunt for the cousins - one indoors with egg fillers and one outside without fillers.  How cute are these egg hunt signs I found at Target?


Everyone did a nice job of helping one another find their eggs!

And, of course, Hannah had plenty of time to love on Buddah-Bear!  Note: She shared her baby blanket with Buddah because she just loves him so much!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and enjoyed the beautiful day outside!

No comments: